Tanker Notes ||
Container Ship Operations ||
Ocean Navigation ||
Measures to protect the vessel side against stevedores injury - Recording and Reporting
Preparation of Master’s Report
The Master shall prepare the Master’s Report in which the following matters shall be described in detail as far as possible, and send it to the Company:
• The outline of the accident
(Including the cause of the accident and measures taken after it happened);
• Eyewitnesses (If an Eyewitness is present, enter his name, age, profession, address, etc. regardless of whether the crew of the vessel or a stevedore);
• Condition of the working circumstances and the results of inspection of cargo handling equipment before commencement of cargo operation
(The date and time, name of officer and items that were inspected);
• The actual working circumstances;
• Any safety warning that was given to the stevedores;
• The name and title of the persons that the vessel contacted after the accident
(The Agent, P&I, Stevedore, etc.);
• The maintenance record of the cargo handling equipment and other gear
(If applicable) in use;
• Extracts of the Deck Log Book
(Entries related to the accident and inspection before work);
• Copies of any statement of facts exchanged between the parties;
Sketches and photographs of the scene, etc.
Caution During Cargo Operation To Prevent Stevedores Accident
Initial Response To Stevedores Accident
Confirming and Preserving the Scene of the Accident
Use Of P&I Attorney
Confirmation Statement Of Stevedores Accident
Handling Stevedores Accident Prior Leaving Port
What is a criminal case onboard? Master's legal authority of handling criminals onboard
What are the procedure for handling death onboard ship?
How to deal when a person reported missing onboard ?
How to give treatment to injured persons onboard ?
How to rescue a person from enclosed spaces ?
Other Info Pages
Home Our home page
Container Ship Operation Basic guidance
Cargo stowage and planning How to plan effctively
Cargo care at sea Precautions to be taken
Reefer cargo handling Troubleshoot and countermeasures
DG cargo handling Procedures & Guidelines
Cargo securing Check items prior departure port
Safe navigation Various factors affecting ships navigation at sea
Hull strength & stability Prior loading how to ensure hull strength & stability of ship
stevedores injury How to prevent injury onboard
Site Map Page listing for this site.
Copyright © 2009 Ships business.com All rights reserved.